My new blog
This is my new blog. My other one was so hard to use and it took for ever to edit with our dial up connection so I thought I would create one here and see how it goes.
Well, let me think back to see what has happened in my life since I posted my last post on my old blog. The family took a trip to Arkansas, I worked hard to finish up school so that I could graduate, started my flying school, worked with dad and the list goes on, but I will tell you a quick story about what happened in Arkansas just incase Jeremy and Caleb did not post about it.
Our grandparents in Arkansas, who we went to visit, live right on lake Norfork. We were working hard on drywalling our grandparents bedroom when Anna, Caleb and I decided to take a break and go swimming in the lake. So we went down to the dock and we all jumped in and started swimming for the dock on the opposite side of the cove. I reached the dock first and I just laid down to enjoy the sun near the edge of the dock. For those of you who do not know, Anna is not real big on swimming with big fish. So while I was laying on the dock I saw something in the water out of the corner of my eye. I jumped up and just let it out, "I THINK IT IS A GAR" and I used my hands to estimate the size. I am guessing it was about 4 feet long. I blew it and now Anna was a little nervous, until I saw it again swimming straight towards her and she saw it swim up to the surface just 10-15 feet in front of her. This time it was Anna's turn to let it out and she did:-) That is about all the excitement. I jumped in and swam back to the other dock with Anna and Caleb. When we were out of the water Anna looked at me and said, "I think it followed us all the way back to the dock". So we decided to get back to work up at the house.
Okay, I think that will be all for this post, but there will be another one in the near future. Until then, God bless you all,
Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob. Psalms 81:1


9 Comments:
Wow Johnny, what a heroic brother! Thanks for saving Anna!
Commenting on this blog is way easier than on your last one!
Great story!!! Whatever made you think you're not a good writer!?!?!
I'm sure Anna appreciates you! Did you ever get good look to see if it was really a Gar? Those guys are sooo ugly!!!!!
( : Kate : )
Mandy- It is a lot easier not only to leave comments, but also to post posts. It makes blogging a lot more fun.
Kate- I never could really tell if it was a gar. I think it probably was, but I did not get the best look at it.
Hey John,
Nice blog, definitely like it better than the old one. I used to have a blog here but I forgot the password! : )
Yikes! I don't know what a Gar is :( Time for google....
I like the new blog!
Bonnie- I will post a picture of a gar next time for you!
Johnny,
You should come out to CA, and go swimming. We don't have any scary critters in our lakes!
Chris
Chris, I'm not so sure about that! Our lakes are so dirty that you can't see your own feet when you are ankle deep!
The ocean on the other hand... :-)
Your lakes up there sound like ours in Oklahoma. Or are they worse?:-) Now the ocean has big fish!!! One of these days I will be swimming down there with all those sharks and other big fish with a xl2 in my hands.:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home