Saturday, June 03, 2006

Gars

Here are pictures of an Alligator gar. Anna likes to believe this is the kind of gar it was.



This is a spotted shortnose gar, which was what I think I saw, but the one I saw was not spotted.


And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:20-21

10 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger BonnieJ said...

Wow. I would have been swimming very quickly away from whereever you spotted that thing ;) That looks MEAN!

Thanks for blogging the pictures!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Carolj said...

*gasp* Thankfully I'm not going to swim in ANY lakes in Colorado anytime soon. That is scary looking. Poor Anna!

And thanks for the pics John. I must live with my head in the sand, I had no idea what a 'gar' was.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pix!

BTW: The lake was in ARK, Carol.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God sure got creative with those guys!!! Is Anna making it out to be bigger than it was? ;)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Carolj said...

Oh you know - Arkansas, Colorado, kinda the same thing right? :-p

Yeah, we were talking about it over lunch and I realized my mistake. Thanks Caleb.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Wow, that's about as big as the sharks that we DON'T worry about!But somehow, those look mean. That's why you should always swim with someone who swims slower than you...

I'll echo Carol, I had no idea what a Gar was...

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger John said...

hope you guys aren't felling dumb about not knowing what a gar was.Every one knows that:-) jk
Actually they are not a very common fish, especially up in yuralls part of the country.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger John said...

I am beginning to think I need to put my baby picture up too.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Carolj said...

"I am beginning to think I need to put my baby picture up too. "

LOL

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger John said...

I think I will when we get home. I don't have any with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home