Monday, June 12, 2006

I have officially graduated!

I have done did all my school. My mom learned me at home all my life and I have passed my speeling and grammer tests!!!
Yesterday I received my high school graduation diploma and we had about 50 people over to celebrate that joyous day. Thanks to all of you who drove that long way! We had a great time playing volleyball, music, and eating dinner:-) I have to say that I think God has blessed me with the best parents ever! I am sure you all could say the same, but I am very thankful for the godly home and environment that they have brought me up in, and all their love that they have shown to me for my entire 17+ years. Thank you Mom and Dad!
In order to graduate I had to pick a subject and write a 10 page report on it. I chose to write it on the 10 Commandments, so beginning next week I am going to start a series of posts with the report I wrote.
Last week we went back to Colorado Springs to spend some more time with friends down there. We had a good time playing volleyball and then we had a Bible study. Later on in the evening we ordered pizza. Just for laughs I am going to tell that story, but I will not mention any names. ---- dialed the number and told the guy at the pizza place that she wanted to order a bunch of pizzas. And she asked if he would hold while we decided what "tastes" we wanted. When ----- said "tastes" it was not exactly what she wanted to say and she immediately started laughing so hard she could not finish the order. ----- handed the phone to me to finish the order and the guy told me it would be 15-20 minutes before it was ready. After about 15 minutes ----- and Sarah went to pick it up and they hadn't even made them because they thought it was a scam. He told ----- that he tried calling the number back and an old lady answered the phone and said she had not ordered any pizza, but we reordered and finally got our pizza.
On the not so good side of life (but it wasn't too horribly bad either) when we were in Colorado Springs after dark someone had cut the boundaries to our volleyball court all up and they also cut the ropes holding one of the poles up. My first thought was how I would have liked to have seen that person and chased him down, but after a little while I thought how I wish I could have caught whoever did it and witness to them, but all that I can really do now is pray that God would reach out to whoever that was. Who knows, they might come back?
Well, here again I don't have any pictures, but we are fixing to leave to go do a concert in Fort Collins and I will try to take some there. I need to go get ready, God bless you all.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

7 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a riot! =D Great post, Johnny! May Yahweh bless you with His wisdom, peace and joy in these coming years as you seek Him! Love you, buddy!

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing school, John!!!!! :D :D :D

I like your new blog, and I'm really looking forward to reading your report on the Ten Commandments.
Sounds like ya'll are havin' a blast in CO!
Keep up the posts... ;)

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations (again)! :-) Blessings on you as you continue to seek God's will for your life.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Carolj said...

Congratulations John!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Gabe and Mandy said...

Yeah! Way to go John!

Cute pizza story. lol!

I think we can relate to how you were feeling about the volleyball court vandalizers...

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Hey!! said...

Good job!!! Now I can graduate!: )

Caleb

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congratulations on graduating school!
~The volley ball vandalisim story reminded me of a dream Dad had a little while ago... In his dream, there was a little boy who was throwing rocks at him, and when he hit him, Dad took off running after him, then when he caught him... he did the most loving thing that came to mind, he put him over his knee and spanked him. :D
Oh, Welcome Home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home