A new update!
Over the last few weeks I have been keeping extremely busy between mowing, studying, working with dad and other small jobs. One thing I fit in there was redoing my room. Sage and Tera helped us pick out the colors and paint it. Here are some pictures of how it turned out.





These are pictures of a bug (I am not sure what it is called) that is hatching out of it old shell or something. However it goes I thought it was very interesting so I tried to get a couple pics.


I guess that is all for now, but Commandments 3 and 4 are coming soon!
Oh! One more thing, I go in for a ground school test at 8:00 a.m. July 29th. I must admit I am pretty nervous, but I am sure God will take care of me.


10 Comments:
Good job on your room.
Good luck on your test.
Cool room!! =P Johnny, you'll do great on your test.
Hey,
Nice update!!
Great pics...I like ya'lls room!!
Wow! Great job guys! (Sage and Tera too, for picking out the colors)
We'll be praying for your test.
Nice. I like the airplane shadow!
Hey! I just found that your blog had been updated! My bad...I guess I was expecting some kind of update email. That's why I like Xanga :-P
Looks like you've been having fun. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll be praying for you when you take the test!
God Bless!
John,
I'm Lindsay's mom and wanted to stop by and say hi. Your room looks really great. Did it take you a long time to get the words done? I don't know if we could do words on the wall here. I love the idea and have toyed with it, but we are sooo Monk-ish (see my post on OCD). I think it would take us an eternity to get them all exactly right. As an example: one day Lindsay noticed a picture was crooked in the kitchen. She and I couldn't agree on when it was perfectly straight(yes, we spent 5 minutes talking about it). I had to run some errands and a little later she called me to tell me she now had the picture straight. She knew it was straight because she measured from the ceiling to the top of each side of the picture. That will give you some indication of what it would be like if we tried to put words on our walls.
Your bug friend is a Cicada. We have them by the tons down here in Texas! Ya know that buzzing type sound ya hear in the trees when it's hot out? Those are Cicadas. It's amazing to me how that big bug comes out of that little shell. One of the many wonders of creation.
Justin: You know you can subscribe, but I will add you on since you were expecting it anyways.
Mrs. K: It is good to hear from you. Thanks for the compliments on my room. Two of my sisters are painters and one of those two is an artist as well. She drew the airplane shadow on the wall and did the words as well. She isn't very happy with how they turned out so I think she is going to add something to them, but I am not sure what.
You aught to try doing words! The worst thing that can happen is you will just have to paint over it. My sister used chalk to write it on the walls and get everything looking how she wanted it before she painted them.
That is hilarious about the picture. Tell Lindsay that she can't really rely on the ceiling so she better get a level. That should get it accurate enough:-)
Uhhh... yeah... cicadas aren't my favorite. I guess I should have killed it:-) I few years ago we had a really bad plague of them. There were just millions of them and when we walked through the yards we could hear them crunching under our feet and they crawl around looking off rotted. I want give more details.
Anyways, back to the words, what are you going for? Is it something you want to do in a bedroom? My sister actually painted the fruits of the Spirit around here room near the ceiling. It is very neat.
I was thinking about using scripture around my kitchen. One of the ideas I have had is to get a 1x6 and to woodburn the words into it then stain it. Then to attach it to the wall near the ceiling like a crown moulding. The other idea was to paint the scripture around where the crown would go.
Lora: That would be very cool!
Post a Comment
<< Home