Short & Sweet R the best!
It rained here last night so I get the day off work. It is nice to get a little extra time to catch up on things.
I haven't been doin' much other than working since we got home from Colorado . I am trying to get ready for hunting season, but I haven't even checked the sights on my rifle and I still have another stand to finish putting up. So, I still have stuff to do, but deer are coming to my feeder so that is a good thing! Right before we left for Colorado I saw 2 pretty good sized bucks back there.
We have been practicing whenever we get a chance. We got home from Co. last Thursday night and we had to perform on Saturday and Sunday so that didn't leave us much time to practice, but everything went okay. Tomorrow we are going to Clinton Oklahoma to play at some sort of homeschool thing.
There is another short update, but the shorter the better right?
Check out the new blogs I linked!!!


11 Comments:
Thanks for the update, John!
And thanks for the comment on my blog, btw! Sorry I haven't commented back 'til now...
Yes, I guess you can link me...if you want to... :}
John, I can't help but wonder about the ethics of having deer come to your feeder just so you can -- well, I'll leave it at that. :)
Hey John,
Wow! Hunting sounds fun. Let us know when you get something!
Okay, Jamie, I will explain. You see if I had my pick I would be up there WALKING around in the mountains finding a deer, but down here it just isn't done that way. You see when you have so few acres to hunt on and since it is pretty flat you have to be really careful what direction you shoot and where your bullet ends up. (that is if you miss the deer or the bullet goes all the way through) So when shooting a deer down here on flat ground you need to be atleast 10 feet above the ground to get a good angle. And the chances are very slight that the deer will come to you without a feeder. You see there is just a different way of doing things down here. Got that?
Got it! :) Thanks for the explanation. :)
John, I think that your loving to hunt is great! I married a hunter and wish he had a place to hunt now! Now you just need to learn to hunt like a real man and use a bow ;-)(just kiddin!) We have some funny hunting stories around here...I just love 'em. Some people are quite appalled to learn my girls help their daddy when he cleans a deer, and some people think it is quite un-feminine when they shoot their bows--and I don't mean the kind you wear in your hair;-)
Hey John!
I hope you get your buck this year!
Mandy told me about the job opening at Salees (sp?)... that was really tempting...if it weren't for all my obligations here...oh well.
Lora K:
LOL I know a girl in Washington state who really wants to come down and help me skin deer. She loves to help her brother butcher the deer and their cows for beef. I think it's great for girls to know how to do that kind of stuff.
Land to hunt on always seems to be a problem. I use to have 80 acres that bordered our property I could hunt on, but then the owner died and now I can't go over there. My neighbor is taking me out this year to 160 acres that he leases.
I scared up a deer out in the woods the other day. I heard it grunt a couple times. That was a first timer.
I hate the title of your blog. :p :D (jk, I'm feeling very IMpatient right now)
Go Johnny! I hope you get one this year! Actually I hope you get 3 or 4 or 5 or 9 or however many you want!
I think hunting is cool... probably because I've never tried it.
Huntn' sounds so fun! I pray ya do well at it! Have you gotten anyting so far?
Post a Comment
<< Home