Friday, October 27, 2006

Atlas' another update!

Sorry it's been so long guys! I guess I will just start right where I left off and continue up through history until present day.

So, all my deer stands are set and ready to go!!! I have only been out twice and I didn't see any deer, but I am still fascinated with God's creation even after sitting in a hard seat for three hours. It is amazing to me how when I get up in the morning and while I am sitting in my stand everything is so still and quiet except for a owl which you can faintly hear in the distance and then when it gets light it seems like at once all the birds start chirping. It is almost like they all wake up at the exact same time. Oh well, I guess I will quit rambling and get on with our history lesson.

I am working approximately 50 hour weeks at the meat processing shop. Since October first it has been archery season so it has been a little slow. I think we have had about 2-3 hundred deer come in. Muzzleloader season starts here in about 10 minutes so work will pick up a bit this weekend and then after that comes rifle season when we probably have over 400 deer come in.

We have also been seeing a lot of elk this year. I think we have probably processed about 8 of them. Boy are they hard, they are big and hard to skin and they take forever to grind into hamburger. :-(

Well, work isn't all I have been doing, Last weekend my mom, most my brothers and sisters went down to San Antonio, Texas for the 2006 San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival. Speaking of, I and a friend are slowly making progress making a film. Hopefully within the next month I will have my website up about it at http://www.jsnfilms.com/. And for all you who are asking the question, NO, I didn't win at the festival!

So here are a few pictures from the festival!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Naylors, Duggars, Botkins and Kent having a serious discussion about whether macs or pcs are better for video editing! I think we came to the conclusion that macs are better!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had never met these people before, but I had communicated with Linzey (left) a little bit over internet and so we decided we would just get together and have dinner! It was great meeting you and your family Lucas!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A hold up with Anna by the Duggar boys!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A stupid picture I posed for!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A little blurry, but this is the Duggars.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Just visiting some more with Linzey and Lucas

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Josh Duggar and I

And since then about all I have done is work, eat, sleep and visit! so that wraps up this history lesson.

God bless,

John

4 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Breanna Monique said...

I'm definitley agreeing with the whole 'mac is better' thing. (Trav tells me they are, so I believe him, ha ha). Anyways, that festival looked like fun. We haven't been to many lately. :( Okay, I'll stop blabbing. K bye.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, an update!
Nice ramblings in the first paragraph . . .
Neat pix from the festival! Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! Mom sent Dad the link to look at your trailer and Dad thought Mom had mistakenly sent him the "real" trailer for the festival! I told him, "See, Johnny's was so good that you thought it was the 'official' one!!!" In case I haven’t said it enough, I really like the trailer you did! But I love the Lord's spectacular creation, so of course I'd like the video you got of it!
Having dinner with someone you’ve never met sound pretty fun! Although, Tera looks a tad worried in the sixth picture. ;)
Thanks for the history lesson!!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to meet the Duggars!? How neat!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Justin said...

The film festival looked like fun.

Happy hunting! I hope you get a deer this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home