Friday, December 29, 2006

It's Almost 2007!!!

Almost another year has gone by, just two more days until 2007!

It is quite a blessing looking back on this year, all the people we met, all the things we did, and everything that has happened.

During this past year…

We’ve traveled to Colorado, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Texas. We have performed nearly 30 different performances. Not many I know, but we had a lot of fun doing it. We are currently working on our 5th album and Lord willing we will have that done by March. (We’re a little slow at it, but hey, we get it done!)

I graduated from high school in June. Sometimes it is still weird to think that I actually graduated and I don’t have any school left. I am currently working as a butcher at a place just down the road and I will be doing that until the middle of January and then I am moving on. Lord willing I will be landscaping next summer. I would like to start my own business in that area of work. When I have time off from the butcher shop I help my dad with a house that he is building just a few miles from here.

In October we drove to San Antonio Texas for the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival. There I had entered a trailer for the festival which made it to the semi-finalist and that is as far as that went. While we where there I met and talked to some great people who inspired me. I, with another friend, have written a script, which should be completed within the next week. Our plan is to film that this summer in Colorado Springs, Colorado and to have it out on DVD by August 1st. I have about got my website up and running @ http://www.jsnfilms.com/ EDIT: Site is not working properly. Check back later please! :-)

looking on into the future…

Next month we get to take another trip to Colorado! Around January 12th or 13th I am going to Dallas for a filmmakers meeting and then on the 14th we are going to Colorado for about 10 days. We have three performances up there and some extra days to fit in skiing and snowboarding!

And, for anyone looking at this who is a Christian filmmaker, photographer, musician, artist or writer check out this new forum my brother and I are hosting. ttp://www.naylorfamilyband.net/cmf/

Have a good 2007!!!

6 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new update - SWEET!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Carolj said...

March!? Woohoo!

Congratulations on making the semi-finals.

The last link, to www.naylorfamilyband.net/cfm, seem to be broken?

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have an update of the year John....I can't wait to see your film : ) Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks Carol, I got that link fixed.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, an update!!!
Souns like you've been busy, busy, busy!
Filming this summer, wow. I'll be praying for it!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Hey John,

It's good to 'hear your voice'!;-)

Looking forward to seeing the movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home