Thursday, March 29, 2007

Life in Words

Hello all! Yes, I'm alive, I'm still here or well, at least part here. My mind seems to be all over, but it is fun this way. I am looking forward a couple of very busy months.

I'll just write a little about what I've been up to since my last update. hmmm... that was a long time ago, but anyways...

Okay, at the end of February the family took a trip to Missouri just for a weekend. Now for those of you who read all my comments on my last post and thought, what is up with sugar? well, March was suppose to be my happy month. Last year, on March 1st I quit eating almost all processed sugars and I was suppose to do it for a whole year. I had even planned to have cookies & cream Ice Cream on March 1st because that is when I could eat it again, but... I failed, On our trip home from Colorado in January I blew it. I had twizzlers and boy were they good and no I'm not sorry I had them. So, I went 10 months, the hardest part about it was I never noticed a bit of difference as far as my health goes so it was hard to make a good change. I feel just the same now that I have started eating it again though. I did go without cookies and cream ice cream for over a year though. yipee!!! lol

Anyways, I'll put the "no sugar" thingy in my past. On March third we did a Gospel Grass Festival in Oklahoma city, it was great fun. We had a couple different out of town bands who were playing at the fest come stay with us. Then we had a couple days to rest then Sage, Tera, Caleb and I were flying out to California. The night before our flight Tera canceled her ticket cause she was pretty sick. I mean she was in bed. So she didn't feel up to flying. Us other three went though. It was my first time on a jet and I'll tell you what, they don't make those seats in there designed for people with long legs. I told Caleb, "oh no, you take the window" that way I could at least stick my feet out in the isle to stretch a little. I'm not sure how it happened, but I almost got ran over by the flight attendant and her cart. I feel asleep and someway or another my feet sort of ended up sticking a little out in to the isle, I usually would try to keep them stowed away under the seat in front of me, but they got loose somehow. Anyways, with such an exciting story you would think it would have a better ending than the attendant kinda woke me up right in the nick of time to move. I'm sure it didn't all happen quite like that, but when you are suddenly waken up that is what it felt like.

My goodness, this is getting really long, sorry guys. If you get tired of reading this you can just press the little box in the upper right corner of your screen.

Okay, are we to California yet? oh yeah, okay. Now we are in San Jose. Oh BTW, if you are really good at reading stories and just feeling like you were there with it, you might want to take some dramamine right about now if you get sea sick.

Now, back to the story... My sister-in-law picked us up at the airport and brought us back to the house were we got settled in and then we went down to the pier near Cowell's beach. The sea lions were amazing. There were a ton of them and for some reason they were swimming around in big groups, like maybe 20 in one spot. If you looked down off the pier you could see millions of little fish that they were feeding on. it was pretty cool!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is my oldest bro and his daughter.

Okay, um. Day 2, hmmm. what did we do day 2, oh yeah, we cruzed around Santa Cruz. I will hold my tongue here and just say, people are different there. um okay, we went to a farmers market in Santa Cruz and we also walked along the beach. I just love the beach!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My bro and I

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Us :-) with our sis-in-law

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My niece

Okay, Day 3, Today we went to go see the elephant seals. At this time of the year most of what are there are babies, but there was a couple big ones. when the males first come onto the beach they can weigh up to 5000 pounds. Pretty amazing ugh. Anyways, no pictures of those, I took video, but the batteries went dead in both the still cameras. Oh, did I mention why we went to California? Well, My sis wrote this song that is all about ocean creatures and all that cool stuff. So, what I am trying to do is make a music dvd, but I'll update you on this later.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A shot taken not to far from where the seals hang out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Videoing...

Okay, water break, are you tired of reading yet? haha

Day-4 Today was a fun day. Sage helped Erin paint her bath room, so Caleb and I went to the paint store with them and then they dropped us off at the beach. We were gonna try to find some sand dollars, but since it was high tide we only found two which later ended up breaking. So, we got to the beach and first we just walked and took pictures and walked. We probably walked at least a mile down the beach and then we came back and walked into town and got a frappuccino. It is now when we spotted it, can you guess what it is? We were really happy to see it, so we went over there and asked the people if we could join and that was a lot of fun, but I won't bore you with that. Just something to think about. lol So after that we went swimming. It was cold, but cool:-) It was a lot of fun. At first I couldn't get Caleb to come in very deep, but at last, he did.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Day 5- Today I did nothing, or at least nearly nothing. I was sick so I laid in bed most the day, but thankfully I was filling a lot better the next morning.

Day 6- Did you take dramamine? I wanted to see some whales so we scheduled a little cruz to take us out. We went on a 70' yacht. It was so much fun. Until the not so fun part came. Well you know, I went to the back of the boat and laid down and once the crew noticed I wasn't feeling good they gave me some ginger ale and told me to try driving because it should make me feel better, well, it didn't, it was still fun driving though. hehe Near the end of our trip I started feeling good again (you know why) and so I got to enjoy the rest of the trip. In all, it was way worth it. I had a good time. We never did see whales, but who cares. After we got off the boat we went to the Santa Cruz beach board walk and rode roller coasters. At first I thought maybe we wouldn't be able to. Caleb and I of course got in the front cause that is the best place and the lady come around to put the bar down and it won't go down. Our knees stuck up to high. The lady looks at us and says, "hmmm... try crossing your legs" and it just barely fit that way.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Trying not to look sick.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Driving the boat

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We saw these instead of whales. lol

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Caleb and our niece

Day-7 Today we went to the Monterey Bay aquarium. It was fun. You get to see a lot of fish there. lol

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My sis-in-law took this pic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a sun fish. They can grow up to be 5000 pounds. This one was about 4 feet tall and weighed 500 pounds.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Caleb and I sitting outside at the aquarium.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My bro and I just having fun in the back of the car.

Day-8 This is our last day and I am trying remember what we did during the first part of the day. Oh yeah! I remember now, this was probably the highlight of my trip! How could I forget it? haha Surfing!!!! It was so fun, we had wet suits on so the water didn't feel cold at all. I actually got up a bunch of times! It was pretty cool being my first time and all! That evening we went to the beach and had a bonfire. That was a lot of fun and a good way to end the trip.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Everyone around the fire.

Day-9 This morning I just prepared to leave. Our sis-in-law took us back to the airport and dropped us off. We got to our gate and found out that our plane had been over booked by 6 people and they were asking for volunteers to give up there seats. When they first announced it we didn't think we would mess with it. Almost everyone had boarding the plane and we walked up and asked about seats. They still needed four volunteers so we volunteered and one more guy showed up to give up the last one. I don't know what they would have done if we didn't give up our seats. Anyways, in exchange for volunteering our seats they gave each of us a free ticket to anywhere in the lower 48 states that we want to go plus they rescheduled us with a first class flight all the way home. Now this was cool! I walked on the plane and almost fainted. lol Really, it was amazing, first class were these newest chairs that have buttons that make them move all over the place and they could lay down into a bed and all that cool stuff. Not crowded at all. I could put my feet all the way out in front of me and still didn't hit anything. So I sit down and chig bang (don't ask me where I came up with that), service is there. They give you a glass of orange juice or water in a real glass cup and some warm nuts. Then we take off and as soon as we are at cruising altitude they bring us pretzels and more drinks, then, it is dinner time. They bring out there menu and and you tell them what you want, then no more than 10 minutes later here come this really hansom roast beef sandwich with hot potatoes on the side, and they gave a real silver ware too! Then they come by a couple times while you are eating to get you more water or whatever you need and then they clean everything up. Then before we went for landing here comes drinks again. It was so cool and I was so spoiled.

We landed in Denver and we had to board this old jet with these little first class seats. Really, I know first class is nice anywhere, but it was awesome on our flight from San Jose to Denver. The service was just as good on our second flight though.

Okay, we are back in Oklahoma now. Let me look at my Calendar to see what we did next...

On the 24th of March I went to a Filmmakers meeting in Dallas. I am the Vice President of a group down there. We call our selves DCFM (Dallas Christian Filmmakers) Right now we meet once a month to prepare for a movie that we are making. The one we are working on now is a true story about Eddi Lee and if you don't know who he is he was a 12 year old drummer boy in the Civil War who was killed in battle. I guess I am the primary videographer for this unless someone else come up with a camera. lol We plan to shoot this May 23-29.

I believe I mentioned the movie I am producing in my last post. It is coming along pretty well. I got it's own website up. You can get to it from www.jsnfilms.com This we have set rough dates for shooting. Lord willing if we have the funds we will start on May 7 and shoot until probably about May 20th.

I was also asked to come film a moving in Missouri so I will be doing that around May 31st. to June 8th. To read about this production go to http://dancingwithangels0.tripod.com/

Anyways, congratulations to those of you who read this whole thing, to those of you who just skimmed over it, more power to you, and to those who didn't even make it this far. Don't feel bad, I wouldn't have read either. Just think, now I have to go proof read it and just watch you will still see errorers in it so why pruf read it? Because that is what I was taught in scholl. Oh, and if you are really like me, you read the first paragraph then just looked at all the pictures.

Hey, thanks for reading this and please leave a "brief" comment. haha lol

EBIC (everyones brother in Christ)

John

4 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, sounds like you all had fun. It really wasn't that boring reading everything.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Odin said...

I read the whole thing. :P
Very interesting.
Nice pix.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger A daughter of His said...

I read it all too. It must be a girl thing. Love the picts. Sounds like filming is keeping you busy!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I actually read it!
The only reason I knew about this blog was from the on one on HSA.
You CA trip sounded fun!
Cool pictures too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home